[Paraview] RayCastAndTextureRenderMode and TextureRenderMode are no longer supported in Paraview 5.0.0-RC1

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Nov 23 11:44:28 EST 2015

In short: texture-based volume mapper is an old technique that produces low
quality rendering and does not provide enough flexibility to support
various volume rendering tricks and modes. It was there mostly to support
legacy systems and since we moved to OpenGL2, we no longer needed it. All
of the features and more are support by RayCast GL mapper.

Hope this helps,
Aashish

--

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html