[Paraview] ParaView 5.0.0-RC1 is missing PointSprite Rendering Plugin

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Nov 18 11:09:57 EST 2015

The OpenGL2 backend includes the vtkPointGaussianMapper which can render
colored points, guassian splats, and more complex options when you specify
your own shader code. Take a look at the code in
VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/Testing/Cxx/TestPoint* to see some of what you can
do. Most of these feature are also available in PV through the use of the
PointGaussian plugin. Load that plugin before loading your points and then
it should show up as an option for the representation.

Thanks
Ken

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Christian Richter <
christian.richter at ovgu.de> wrote:

> The precompiled binaries does not contain the PointSprite Rendering
> Plugin. It seems it is not compatible with the openGL2 rendering engine.
> When I compile from source it works with opengl only.
> Is there a plan to support PointSprites in final release version ?
> Also there is still a bug since PV 4.2.0 that the Radius and Opacity
> Editor does not respect the selected "Scale by" data-array for the scalar
> range (it did until 4.1.0) so the user needs to set it by hand which is
> really annoying when one needs to scale by radius.
> http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=15017
>
> Best,
> Christian Richter
>
> Am 11/12/2015 um 9:45 PM schrieb Ben Boeckel:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> ParaView 5.0.0-RC1 is now available for download. Checkout the release
>> notes on the Kitware blog [1].
>>
>> As always, we look forward to your feedback [2].
>>
>> Also stay tuned to the Kitware Blog [3] for upcoming features and
>> enhancements to ParaView, ParaView Catalyst, ParaViewWeb and much
>> more!
>>
>> - The ParaView team
>>
>> [1] http://kitware.com/blog/home/post/998
>> [2] http://paraview.uservoice.com
>> [3] http://www.kitware.com/blog/
>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.