[Paraview] ParaViewWeb on remote machine w/ port forwarding

Scott Wittenburg scott.wittenburg at kitware.com
Tue Nov 17 16:12:36 EST 2015

Hi Ken,

   Yes, ParaViewWeb supports either option, though option 1 seems better in
your case.  Additionally, unless you have your own job management software
running on the rendering computer, you may want to look at using the Python
launcher we provide.  See this document:

http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/python_launcher

   Using the Python launcher along with an Apache web server provides you
with seemingly infinite ways to set your system up, so we have provided
another guide which describes some of the common configurations.  That
document is located here:

http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/launching_examples

   The section titled "Second Example: Two machines" shows a diagram of the
use case I think you'll want, and it has an example configuration file for
the Python launcher as well as Apache virtual host configuration example.

Hope this helps,
Scott