[Paraview] Update Extent / Whole Extent mismatch error when using Programmable Filter

Evan Kao tossin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:47:10 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform an operation on 2 data objects using the Python
Programmable Filter, specifically 2 structured grids  However, one of them
is in 2D:

​

This appears to force the output to be 2D as well, and I get the following
error:

ERROR: In
C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx,
line 857

vtkPVPostFilterExecutive (0000000011A65E20): The update extent specified in
the information for output port 0 on algorithm
vtkPVPostFilter(0000000011985EB0) is 0 191 0 255 0 0, which is outside the
whole extent 0 131 0 175 0 31.

If I perform the following snippet:

in1 = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0)

in2 = self.GetInputDataObject(0,1)

out1 = self.GetOutputDataObject(0)

if in1.GetDimensions()[2] == 1:

	out1.DeepCopy(in2)

else:

	out1.DeepCopy(in1)
​

The output data has only 2 dimensions (the green surface):

​

If I examine the data in the Spreadsheet View though, it seems all the
information has been copied over (all points and cells), so only the view
is incorrect.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Evan Kao