[Paraview] Import h5py in python shell

Jean-Michel jm.lucas at gantha.com
Tue May 26 08:39:52 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I am currently trying to use the h5py module in the Python Shell in ParaView
4.3.1 (64 bits). On my system, h5py comes from my installation of python-xy
and works fine outside of ParaView.

I tried to import the module by providing the path to the package, using
mainly two methods:

- append the path to the package with sys.path.append before doing the
import

- import the module using the imp package and providing the full path to
imp.load_source

However, both methods failed to load h5py, returing the following error :
"ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid win32 application".

Thank you for your help.

Jean-Michel

---