[Paraview] Connecting to Catalyst-Enabled Simulation Running on Remote Cluster

Timo Oster timo.oster at ovgu.de
Wed May 20 03:19:41 EDT 2015

Hi Andy,

I have succeeded in getting it to work by starting a pvserver process on
every node alongside with the simulation instead of just one pvserver on
the login node. I then have a ssh tunnel from the worker nodes to the
login node, and from the login node to my local computer. This appears
to be rather resource-intensive though, and I wonder if there is a more
efficient way to do it. Is such a great number of pvservers really
needed? If somebody has any additional information, that would be very
helpful. Searching the internet for this question hasn't brought up much
helpful information yet.

Regards,

Timo