[Paraview] interface and scripting questions from newbie

Christopher Snyder 22csnyder at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:59:17 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm very excited about paraview, and I think it might fit my needs
perfectly. However, I have two questions.

1) What is the simplest way to "rotate about the x axis" ? The data I have
is rather long : length x >> length y and z. So when I zoom in around the
extremes, rotation around the center is really unhelpful for inspection.

2) I would like to use Paraview as a 'front end' for an interactive program
I am planning to write. Is there a way to "capture mouse events" over the
image so that I can turn those into changes in the presentation of the data?

Thanks,
Chris