[Paraview] XDMF Set

Chris Richardson chris at bpi.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 14 04:47:50 EDT 2015

I guess that leads to the following questions:

1) When will Xdmf3 be used by ParaView?

2) Does 2D work properly?

3) What about Attributes which are not in a "Set". The XDMF pages say
this:-

"A Grid centered Attribute might be something like "Material Type" where
the value is constant everywhere in the grid. Edge and Face centered
values are defined, but do not map well to many visualization systems."

But how do you define Edge and Face centered values for the whole mesh,
anyway?

4) Finally, is there any real need (in the case below) to go via the
Faces? Maybe, before the standard gets more widespread, this could be
eliminated,
    and just go direct from Cell->Edge... OK, this is just a
suggestion...

Chris Richardson
BP Institute
Madingley Road