[Paraview] ERROR WITH FIND DATA UTILITY

Gaspare Argento gaspare.argento at gmail.com
Wed May 13 06:26:44 EDT 2015

Hello everybody,

I've a problem using the "Find Data" function in Paraview. When I
select a data that has in his name a parenthesis I get the following
error:

Example for the quantity: Absolute_Pressure_[mbar]
Error: Failed to evaluate Expression '(Absolute_Pressure_[mbar] >
5000) & (Absolute_Pressure_[mbar] < 5005)'. The following exception
stack should provide additional developer specific information. This
typically implies a malformed expression. Verify that the expression
is valid.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 8, in <module>

File "<string>", line 5, in vtkPythonExtractSelection_RequestData

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView
4.3.1\lib\paraview-4.3\site-packages\paraview\extract_selection.py",
line 74, in execute

maskArray = calculator.compute(inputs, query, ns=elocals)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView
4.3.1\lib\paraview-4.3\site-packages\paraview\calculator.py", line 74,
in compute

retVal = eval(expression, globals(), mylocals)

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

NameError: name 'Absolute_Pressure_' is not defined

As you can see in the last line of the error message, Paraview searchs
for a quantity name that is different from the correct one, because it
is truncated: "Absolute_Pressure_" without "[mbar]"

Any tips?

Gaspare