[Paraview] to be sure about used hardware ...

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:21:23 EDT 2015

Can you post the output of the following commands:
1) paraview --version
2) glxinfo | grep OpenGL

Concerning different dataset types and volume rendering:
Are you sure that your dataset is recognized by ParaView as a structured
dataset? For instance, some simulation software packages produce always
unstructured dataset (e.g. OpenFOAM), even if you setup a completely
uniform grid.
Also some filter in ParaView produce unstructured grids (e.g. threshold
filter) no matter what the input type is.

The grid type is easy to check from the Information panel in ParaView.

-Armin