[Paraview] Full screen screenshots

John Moore johnpmooreiv at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:48:56 EDT 2015

I've been having an issue with generating full screen screenshots, from
which I would like to generate a movie.

I am running python on my local machine with a full desktop environment and
connecting to a remote server which does the rendering and processing. I
load a state file and generate the view as follows:

pv.LoadState('dgsolution.pvsm');

view = pv.GetRenderView();

view.ViewSize = [1920,1080];

pv.SetActiveView(view)

view.StillRender()

I need to change the size to 1920x1080 since the state file used a
different aspect ratio and size. The issue is that I have side menus on my
desktop, and setting the view size to 1920x1080 pushes the render view
outside of my display range.

Is there a way around this? Rendering in full screen mode should solve the
problem, but I don't know how to activate full screen from pvpython. Is
there a way to do this?

Thank you,
John