[Paraview] [import error] Paraview Python on Windows

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Fri May 1 10:22:14 EDT 2015

[ Adding the list back to CC. ]

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 15:55:26 +0200, Jonas Asche wrote:
> Thank you for the reply,
> Are you only using
> P:\ParaView 4.2.0\bin
> or do you link to other folders as well?

I ran with the following from Git bash (so that the environment was more
easily modified). All paths are relative to where ParaView was
extracted:

    PYTHONPATH="lib/paraview-4.2;lib/paraview-4.2/site-packages;lib/paraview-4.2/site-packages/vtk" PATH="$PATH;bin" /c/Python27/python
    >>> import vtk

If I didn't modify PATH, I got the same error you saw, so it seems to be
sufficient.

--Ben