[Paraview] Paraview support of FieldData in a vtkTable

livia.barazzetti at istb.unibe.ch livia.barazzetti at istb.unibe.ch
Sun Mar 29 10:49:24 EDT 2015

Thanks Cory,
I’ve opened the feature in http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=15403
Regards
Livia

From: Cory Quammen [mailto:cory.quammen at kitware.com]
Sent: giovedì, 26. marzo 2015 04:36
To: Barazzetti, Livia (ISTB)
Cc: ParaView
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Paraview support of FieldData in a vtkTable

Livia,

It seems reasonable that you should be able to save field data stored in a vtkTable. Would you mind writing up a feature request at http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view_all_bug_page.php?

Thanks,
Cory

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:47 AM, <livia.barazzetti at istb.unibe.ch<mailto:livia.barazzetti at istb.unibe.ch>> wrote:
Hi,
I was using the writer from the gui  in Paraview. I created a very simple programmable source (with output type vtkTable) with a column and a field data array, then clicked File-Save Data from the menu.
In the case of a table, the writer window doesn’t allow to specify the association field, so only the row values are exported to the csv file.
By the way, I see that if I apply a TableToPoints filter, the field array is copied to the polydata correctly (and can be exported from there), but I haven’t experimented with this solution further yet
Thanks
Livia