[Paraview] Hardware suggestions for volume rendering

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 24 18:34:12 EDT 2015

I have the same issue with unstructured grids(not using the new opengl
work yet). A while back I wanted to volume render a large image dataset
after clipping it. The clip made it unstructured. This was on a few
hundered nodes on edison, I couldn't get the unstructured volume
rendering to work, it appeared to hang(took so long I couldn't tell) and
it crashed a few times as well(may have ran out of memory).  I think I
tried a couple of the various mappers before I gave up. Would be nice to
have it working better.