[Paraview] Fetching data from xdmf temporal collection

Jean-Michel jm.lucas at gantha.com
Mon Mar 23 09:15:33 EDT 2015

Armin,

you said you would rather use vtk directly to access raw data in xdmf files.
I tried to follow your advice, but I struggle with the vtkXdmfReader.
Basically, here is what I do:

import vtk

reader = vtk.vtkXdmfReader()

reader.SetFileName(myfile)

reader.ReadAllScalarsOn()

reader.Update()

However, I don't know how to access the data inside reader once this is
done. The GetOutput() method doesn't seem to work. Do you know what I am
missing here ? If not, I'll try and move the discussion over at the
vtk-users list.

Thank you for your help.

Jean-Michel

---