[Paraview] Add logo to animation paraview script

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 18 11:15:00 EDT 2015

ParaView currently does not have any direct way to add a logo to a view's foreground or to an animation capture. The best you can do right now is one of the following hacks:

1. As Utkarsh suggested, make a background image with the logo where you want it. Set up your animation so that nothing covers the logo.

2. Make a Plane source. Add a transform filter to place the plane where you want the logo to show up. In the properties panel under Display and then the Miscellaneous subgroup, there is an advanced option for Texture. (The easiest way to find it is to type "texture" in the properties panel's search box.) Use that to load your logo as a texture on the plane. (Lighting and placement could be an issue with this approach.)

3. Add the logo after the movie is generated in a movie-editing tool. This is probably the method I would go for, but it does require finding and using a separate software application.

-Ken