[Paraview] Headlight in 4.3.1?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Mar 17 13:49:35 EDT 2015

Peter,

You can find the headlight by looking in the Properties panel under
the Lights section. This is an advanced setting, so click the gear
icon in the Properties panel to expose it. Under the Lights section in
the panel (it's towards the bottom), click the "Edit" button and
select "Additional Headlight" in the Lights Editor dialog that pops
up.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Bosler, Peter Andrew
<pabosle at sandia.gov> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I have just upgraded to Paraview 4.3.1 from 4.10, because I was unable to
> change the specularity of a surface in 4.1 (this is fixed in 4.3, which is
> nice).  But now I can’t find the “headlight” option that used to be in 4.1’s
> render view options.
>
> Without it, the images I need to produce for a publication look dark and
> washed out.
>
> Could you point me toward the lighting tool in 4.3 that lets me turn on a
> headlight?
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Pete Bosler
>
> —————