[Paraview] Fluid Flow Simulation in ParaView

Rohit Narurkar rohitnarurkar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:37:15 EDT 2015

Hello

I wish to simulate fluid flow using ParaView. I have 1000 .vtk files for
the 1000 time steps.
I have attached along with this mail one of the .vtk files. When I open
this collection in ParaView, and change the 'coloring' to the velocity name
I have given i.e. "VecVelocity" as you can see in the sample .vtk file.
There is another option to its right which offers 'magnitude', 'x', 'y' and
'z'. But there are some points with negative velocities and ParaView is
only considering the magnitude (hence positive). I wish to display even the
negative values. How do I do that?

Any help would be great!

Thank you!