[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] RE: Trace recorder and presets (color table)

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 16 19:46:45 EDT 2015

Ron,
Three answers.

* My user is only trying to use rainbow on specific runs, not as the default color map for all time.
* I already gave that lecture to the user.  I always ask what are your goals?  To create informative accurate simulations that don't give color blind folks fits, or eye candy?   For me (making cool movies), it's eye candy.  For my users (analysts trying to do real work), it's accurate information.
* My goal is to support my user.  If said user wants rainbow, I tell them how to do rainbow.  :-)

Thanks for the reminder,

Alan