[Paraview] Temporal collection problem

Gottfried Necker Gottfried.Necker at partner.kit.edu
Fri Mar 13 07:34:40 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'm pretty new to ParaView. I'm trying to visualize a short sequence (2 time
steps) using a Xdmf file with a temporal collection. When I open the file in
ParaView 4.3.1 (binary for Linux x64 from paraview.org) I can see the first
time step and display a variable using the threshold filter. Using the
"Current Time Controls" I can go to the second time step, but the display does
not change. On the information tab I can see that ParaView recognizes the 2
time steps, but when I change the time using the controls the "Current  data
time" stays at the first time step.

When I open the same file in ParaView 4.2.0 I can switch between the two time
steps as expected and everything seems to work fine for this simple case. And
of course the displayed image looks as expected.

I've attached the XML file to this mail. If anybody is interested to try this,
I can provide the HDF5 files too.

Is there something wrong with the file(s)?

Thanks

Gottfried