[Paraview] Obtain pixel value of a line source using Python

Michael Mason michael.l.mason at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 00:06:50 EST 2015

Hi,

I have a line created by using a Line source and it's passing through a 3D volume of values that are non-uniform (I.e., the values inside the 3D volume are not constant, they fluctuate spatially and temporally).  Is there a way to determine the values within the 3D volume that  the line is passing through using Python?  Or, is there a way to integrate (or accumulate) the values in the 3D volume through which the line passes.

If this is possible, I'm guessing a step size will need to be provided to specify how often to spatially sample the line as it passes through the volume?

Thanks for your time,
Mike