[Paraview] Annotate time filter - regard real time - error in code after test

Madalena S. Malhadas nenasantos at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:33:39 EST 2015

Thank you very much.

Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 09:30:19 +0100
From: felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
To: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Annotate time filter - regard real time - error in code after test

    Please keep the discussion to the mailing list so others can

    benefit-from/contribute-to the conversion.

    the code I send is for the programmable filter!!!

    if you are using a python script these are the lines to use
    (generated with python trace in ParaView):

    the code in the Script variable of the programmable filter is always
    very ugly. you can put the source in a file extra file and use the
    execfile() function of python to call it.

    #--- begin code ---

    # create a new 'Programmable Filter'

    programmableFilter1 = ProgrammableFilter(Input=waterPropertiesnc)

    # Properties modified on programmableFilter1

    programmableFilter1.Script = 'pdo =
    self.GetOutput();\npdo.ShallowCopy(self.GetInput());\na =
    self.GetInput().GetInformation().Get(pdo.DATA_TIME_STEP());\n# this
    is your convertion routine\ntime_label = "Days from 12/12/1800 = " +
    str(a*100)  + ":" + str((a*100)%2) + " ...days"\nlabel =
vtk.vtkStringArray();\nlabel.SetNumberOfComponents(1);\nlabel.Resize(1);\nlabel.SetName("TimeLabel");\nlabel.SetValue(0,time_label);\npdo.GetFieldData().AddArray(label)\n'

    programmableFilter1.RequestInformationScript = ''

    programmableFilter1.RequestUpdateExtentScript = ''

    programmableFilter1.PythonPath = ''

    annotateGlobalData1 = AnnotateGlobalData(Input=programmableFilter1)

    # show data in view

    annotateGlobalData1Display = Show(annotateGlobalData1, renderView1)

    #--- end code ---

    don’t forget to do the time conversion in the script!!!

    Felipe

    Le 02/03/2015 17:09, Madalena S. Malhadas a écrit :

    > Hi Felipe,

      > I am a new user of paraview/python, so i Have dificult to
      understand where i have to place the code in my script.

      > My script read a nc file, then i use the annotate time filter
      to extract the time in file, but apears numbers (equivalent to
      seconds)

      > Then i include your code after call annotate time filter but
      i get an error.

      > Attached i send my scritp and if possible can you see the
      part of the time conversions and understand what ihave wrong. For
      me is to difficult to understand since i am novate in programming.

      > Thank you very much

      > Madalena

      > -------------------------

      > From: nenasantos at hotmail.com

      > To: felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr

      > Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 15:49:15 +0000

      > CC: paraview at paraview.org

      > Subject: Re: [Paraview] Annotate time filter - regard real
      time

      > Thank you very much! I will test now.

      > Kind regards

      > -------------------------

      > Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 16:46:32 +0100

      > From: felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr

      > CC: paraview at paraview.org

      > Subject: Re: [Paraview] Annotate time filter - regard real
      time

      > to generate a string from you field data (using a
      ProgrammableFilter):

      <mailto:felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr>

      <mailto:paraview at paraview.org>

      > > Subject: Re: [Paraview] Annotate time filter - regard
      real time

      > > you can use the python programable filter to create a
      field data with the date (in string) and use a annotate field data
      filter.

      <nenasantos at hotmail.com <mailto:nenasantos at hotmail.com>
      <mailto:nenasantos at hotmail.com>> a écrit :

      > >     Dear paraview users,

      > >     I have a question over the use of Annotate time
      filter in Paraview. I have a paraview script that read netcdf data
      which has time axis given as "days since 1970-01-01

      > >     00:00" (Epoch Time). This gives problem if I want to
      show the real time of the data in the animation window. What I
      would like to have shown are the date as

      > >     4-8-2003, 00:00 etc. and it shows big number like
      19521, 19522.

      <http://www.kitware.com> <http://www.kitware.com/>
      <http://www.kitware.com/>

      Wiki at: http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

      http://markmail.org/search/?q=ParaView

      > >     Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:

    - --

    Felipe Bordeu Weldt

    Ingénieur de Recherche

    Tél. : 33 (0)2 40 37 16 57