[Paraview] Hi, Apply button of ExtractLocation filter of paraview 4.3.1 does not work?

程迪 chengdi123000 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 03:43:22 EST 2015

I am using ubuntu 12.04 LTS and paraview 4.3.1
I am using a CGNS file generated by FLUENT 6.3, I import the data file and
everything is ok, except the ExtractLocation filter does not work.
The input is a slice of the imported MultiBlock dataset

I have tried convert the slice from cell data to point data and use the
result point data as ExtractLocation's input, it does not work;
I have tried different mode of ExtractLocation, it does not work
I tried use CGNS reader as ExtractLocation's input, it does not work
I doubted if it is because my point is at the corner of the slice plane.
And the float point is not accurate enough, so I tried
>>>el.Location =
[el.Input.GetDataInformation().DataInformation.GetBounds()[i] for i in
[1,3,5]]
It still does not work

Finally, I used python shell to run
>>>UpdatePipeline()
it works, and the data information refreshed. I do not know why, it seems
the apply button does not work.

I do not know if this is a bug or feature?

Di CHENG

Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
No.15 Beisihuanxi Road, Beijing (100190)
P. R. China
E-mail: chengdi at imech.ac.cn
Tel.: +86-15801594911