[Paraview] Annotate time filter - regard real time

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Mon Mar 2 10:46:32 EST 2015

to generate a string from you field data (using a ProgrammableFilter):

script:

pdo = self.GetOutput();
pdo.ShallowCopy(self.GetInput());
a = self.GetInput().GetInformation().Get(pdo.DATA_TIME_STEP());
# this is your convertion routine
time_label = "Days from 12/12/1800 = " + str(a*100)  + ":" +
str((a*100)%2) + " ...days"
label = vtk.vtkStringArray();
label.SetNumberOfComponents(1);
label.Resize(1);
label.SetName("TimeLabel");
label.SetValue(0,time_label);
pdo.GetFieldData().AddArray(label)

del label

then you use a AnnotateGlobalData Filter.

Done

Le 02/03/2015 15:07, Madalena S. Malhadas a écrit :
> But how do I do it? Can you explain the steps please?
>
> Regards
> Madalena
>
> -------------------------
> From: felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 14:18:06 +0100
> CC: paraview at paraview.org
> Subject: Re: [Paraview] Annotate time filter - regard real time
>
> you can use the python programable filter to create a field data with
the date (in string) and use a annotate field data filter.

<mailto:nenasantos at hotmail.com>> a écrit :

>     Dear paraview users,
>
>     I have a question over the use of Annotate time filter in
Paraview. I have a paraview script that read netcdf data which has time
axis given as "days since 1970-01-01
>     00:00" (Epoch Time). This gives problem if I want to show the real
time of the data in the animation window. What I would like to have
shown are the date as
>     4-8-2003, 00:00 etc. and it shows big number like 19521, 19522.
>
>     Does anyone have some idea how to solve the problem?
>
>     Thanks a lot!
>
>     Madalena
>     Powered by www.kitware.com <http://www.kitware.com/>

>     Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

- --
Felipe Bordeu Weldt
Ingénieur de Recherche