[Paraview] Bug in redo camera/property link

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sun Mar 1 16:10:12 EST 2015

Federico,

Thanks for offering to fix this issue. I think the problem here is that we
don;t have an undo-element that can support undo/redoing link
creations/deletions. A fix to overcome the problem would be to
pqLinksModel::addCameraLink()
to clear the undo-stack at the end of the operation, thus user can no
longer undo/redo the link creation -- thus not cause  a segfault.

To add support for undo/redo, one needs to write a vtkSMUndoElement
subclass that can be pushed on to the undo-stack with enough state
information to know what it needs to do on undo and redo. For starters,
every place a link is created, we can manually create this new undo-element
subclass and initialize it and then push it on the undo stack. Check out
the other subclasses of vtkSMUndoElement, they will make it clear what such
a class needs to do.

Utkarsh