[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] Volume calculation cloud points

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Jun 29 23:00:46 EDT 2015

Hi Laura,

Delaunay 3D should give you what you want in terms of volume of the convex
hull of the points.

How do you know the volumes and distances are not correct? What are you
expecting and what are you getting?

By the way, this is a question more appropriate for the ParaView Users
list, so I have replied to it instead of the ParaView Developers list.

Thanks,
Cory

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Laura Masse <dragon.prog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a doubt about distances and volumes with my 3d image and I hope
> anyone can help me.
>
> My 3d image is composed by about 8000 points, the shape is more or less
> like
> a half sphere, (see image below)
>
> I would like to calculate the volume, so If I apply the "Delaunay3D" and
> "integrated variables" Filters the volume I get is not correct.
>
> In the same way if I try to measure distances with the Source Ruler the
> distances I get are wrong.
>
> I think I'm doing something wrong but I don´t know what.
>
> Anyone knows some method to do this ?
>
> Advanced thanks
>
> <
> http://the-unofficial-paraview-developers-forum.34153.x6.nabble.com/file/n3852/Imagen1.jpg