[Paraview] pqPipelineSource::getOutputPort( 0 ). Available number of output ports: 0

Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu (BE) u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Thu Jun 11 04:10:30 EDT 2015

Hi Peter,

I followed your steps in Paraview 4.2 (compiled under MacOS 10.10.3) and
as you mentioned, i could see the pipeline in the pipeline browser. I
also decrease to time step (from 100 to 3) to test the code. After
finishing the time step loop the ParaView gives following error,

ERROR: In
/Users/turuncu/Qsync/progs/paraview-4.2.0/src/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 735,vtkSocketCommunicator (0x7fd4837cd120): Could not send tag.

ERROR: In
/Users/turuncu/Qsync/progs/paraview-4.2.0/src/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 812,vtkSocketCommunicator (0x7fd4837cd120): Could not receive tag. 8013

ERROR: In
/Users/turuncu/Qsync/progs/paraview-4.2.0/src/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 812,vtkSocketCommunicator (0x7fd4837cd120): Could not receive tag. 1

ERROR: In
/Users/turuncu/Qsync/progs/paraview-4.2.0/src/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 812,vtkSocketCommunicator (0x7fd483a02280): Could not receive tag. 1

In this case, the code is also compiled with ParaView 4.2. So, there is
no any version issue.

By the way, it is necessary to add follow code to include section

#include <iostream>
#include <unistd.h>

to make cout, endl and sleep function available.

--ufuk