[Paraview] ParaView 4.0.1 Not Compiling for Python, MPI, Llvm

Noah Taylor haonrolyat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 17:57:54 EDT 2015

Scott,

Ah, sorry about that. I was thinking that with GPU instances it was
something small and seeing the mesa libraries threw me off but I followed
the steps below and was able to get my paraview referencing the x server.
Thanks alot! Just as an FYI for those that are novices like me, I had to do
an additional step that may be intuitive for most that are familiar with x
server but I needed to run vncserver and then export my DISPLAY to the
master.1. When I try to just run X without doing this with it pointed to
the 0.0 it will give me an error when I try and call glxinfo. After running
vncserver and switching it to the master.1, I am able to run x and paraview
tools :)

Noah