[Paraview] Selecting volume rendering causes output to vanish

Jeff Becker jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 10 14:27:14 EDT 2015

On 06/10/2015 11:06 AM, Burlen Loring wrote:
> 2 things to try: set the remote render threshold to zero, and if that
> doesn't get it to show up, change the mapper to Bunyk ray cast.  One
> of those usually works depending on what the cause of the issue is.

I have both of those set - no luck. BTW, this is ParaView 4.3.1 on an
NVIDIA backend. glxinfo shows:

$ glxinfo | head -30
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
     GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
     GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
     GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_buffer_age,
GLX_ARB_create_context,
     GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile,
     GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness,
     GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree, GLX_ARB_multisample,
     GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
     GLX_NV_multisample_coverage
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
     GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
     GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
     GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_NV_video_out, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
     GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear,
     GLX_EXT_buffer_age, GLX_ARB_create_context,
     GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_NV_float_buffer,
     GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float,
     GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
     GLX_NV_present_video, GLX_NV_copy_image, GLX_NV_multisample_coverage,
     GLX_NV_video_capture, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile,