[Paraview] A problem about plotting beach balls in Paraview

Liqing Jiao jiaoliqing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:13:17 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I have a problem to plot beach balls in Paraview:

I open the "cracks.4.vtu" file in Paraview. The file is attached. Then I
use Glyph to plot a sphere, and the radius of sphere is "cracksize".  I use
Glyphs to plot two arrows and two circles. The purple arrow is the arrow of
"normalF". The purple circle is perpendicular to the purple arrow. The
yellow arrow is the arrow of "shearF". The yellow circle is perpendiclar to
the yellow arrow. So, here we have one sphere and two conjugate circles
through the center of sphere as in the "Paraview plot.png" in the
attachment. Our purpose to divide the sphere into four quarters. and color
two of them in blue as the "Beach ball.png" (attached) shows. Based on the
panel provided by Paraview, I have no idea to make it. Could you please
help me figure it out? Thank you very much.

Note: "cracksize", "normalF", and "shearF" are from data in "cracks.4.vtu".

Cheers, Liqing

Liqing Jiao
Phd candidate
Earth Observatory of Singapore
Nanyang Technological University
Block N2-01a-15, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798