[Paraview] paraview 4.1 and greater not getting slice representation on remote logins

Kate Fissell fissell at pitt.edu
Thu Jul 23 17:52:00 EDT 2015

Hi Utkarsh,

Thanks for your super fast response.
Using a  slice filter I also get no slice image.
I downloaded nightly build ParaView-4.3.1-882-gbdceec7-Linux-64bit
and I still have the problem.  Is that the most recent git/master ?

When you say you think the problem is related to the fix you list,
do you mean that the 15457 fix you needed to do for parallel
slice had the side effect of causing this remote connection issue, or,
do you mean that the parallel slice fix would hopefully solve
the remote connection issue ?

I tried to take a look at the code changes in the fix.
I saw some stuff with extents.   Do you think that the
problem is that the extent is computed incorrectly, eg
way too small, eg 0 ?   Why would that happen only
on the Centos->Ubuntu remote connection ?

thanks very much,
Kate