[Paraview] disable Ubuntu Unity global menu in ParaView

Kate Fissell fissell at pitt.edu
Wed Jul 22 14:43:56 EDT 2015

Hi,

When I compiled Paraview-4.3.1 on Ubuntu-14.04 the top menu bar for the
Paraview window
was no longer on the Paraview window but at the top of the console
screen.   This "global" or
"single" application menu is an Ubuntu  Unity desktop  thing.
To disable this I edited the source code and added
menubar()->setNativeMenuBar(false);
in the paraview code that initializes the application.
I see in the precompiled paraview binaries that you release that the
menubar does stay
on the paraview application window.   How did you do that ?
Is there a cmake setting I can use to do this instead of editing source
code ?

thanks
Kate