[Paraview] Compilation problem of ParaView 3.14.1 on Ubuntu 14.04

Luca Morandini lmorandini at ieee.org
Tue Jul 21 03:36:32 EDT 2015

On 20/07/15 22:49, Stefan Otte wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I also had problems compiling paraview. There is a pre-build binary
> [1] for Mac, Linux, and Windows. However, the OpenNI source is not
> included.

Thanks, but I tried that out and seemed a bit brittle to me (I managed to crashed
it while testing a programmable filter); moreover, I would have liked something
more current.

However, I'm currently using the Project Tango build for Ubuntu, since my static
build is not terribly stable either (I presume my Ubuntu box has some library
version inconsistency).

> Luca, is the OpenNI source available for you after you compiled everything?

Hmm... I don;t quite get the question: do you mind elaborating?

Cheers,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Melbourne eResearch Group
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini