[Paraview] Orient created vectors

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jul 16 13:38:39 EDT 2015

Hi Aymeric,

Sorry, I have been swamped.

I just looked at your data. The state file you sent invoked an error in the
Output Window. Indeed, I could see the arrows aligned only with the X axis.

If I load just your data, I have more success. Here's what I did:

- load Test_Set.tp
- Calculator filter
-- Result array name = Velocity
-- express = U*iHat + V*jHat + W*kHat
- Glyph filter
-- Glyph Type = Arrow
-- Vectors = Velocity
-- Glyph Mode = Every Nth Point
-- Stride 300
- color by "GlyphVector"

I get the attached image when doing this.

My suspicion is that an error that occurred somewhere along the way during
your interaction with ParaView, and it has crept into the state file and is
causing a problem with the glyph display. I recommend starting fresh, like
I did, and see if you can get the vectors to point the right way.

Best regards,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen