[Paraview] Transforming a spherical slice into a map projection

Marie Kajan marie.kajan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:03:10 EDT 2015

I'm a new user and am having difficulty navigating Paraview. I would really
appreciate any pointers!

I'm using code called ASPECT (aspect.dealii.org) to generate models of the
Earth's interior. My data are unstructured grids that contain different
data arrays: velocity, temperature, etc. I hope that makes sense. I have a
spherical volume, essentially. I know how to play around with the basic
filters, and I'm able to take spherical slices which represent
velocity/temperature/etc. fields at different depths in the Earth.

But, I'm not sure how to "flatten" these slices into a map projection (for
example, a simple rectangle with latitude-longitude axes). Most tutorials
don't deal with VTK inputs and I'm not familiar enough with Paraview to
figure out my own script.

Thanks!

Marie