[Paraview] Pipeline's filters and multiblock order

Carlos García Baena carlos.gbaena at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:32:47 EDT 2015

Hello,

I’m working with Fluent and exporting the results like an Ensight case. When I open this case in ParaView, I get all the mesh's zones like blocks and I can hide and show them with the multiblock inspector utility. Later I use a short Python's script that I found in the wiki, which creates a Filter in the pipeline from each block (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Extracting_Multiple_Blocks <http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Extracting_Multiple_Blocks>).

My problem is that I have a lot of mesh’s zones and ParaView sorts them in some strange manner that I really don´t understand. I want to have them sort by name, alphabetically. Is there any way to do this??

Best regards and thanks for your time.