[Paraview] Plot cumulative integral over time of a variable

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Jul 15 10:18:45 EDT 2015

Hi Alan,

For #2, a hacky way would be to use the temporal statistics to get the
average value and then multiply that by the number of time steps. The only
other way I can think of is by using a Python Programmable Filter to
integrate the values over time. The Python Programmable Filter recently was
changed to have access to the pipeline executive so that you can have it
iterate over time steps.

Attached is a state file which I used to iterate over time steps in a
programmable filter. It's not working with PV 4.3.1 but it may help give
you some guidance on how to do it. If it's overly confusing  (which it very
well could be -- I'm too lazy to look at it closely right now) let me know
and I can see if I can update it to work with the latest version of PV.

Best,
Andy