[Paraview] vtkDoubleArray with >3 components

Bruce Jones bruce.david.jones at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:14:00 EDT 2015

I am creating vtkDoubleArrays based on averaging some input data to a
reduced set of points. The input data includes various vtk arrays which
have 1, 3 and 9 components.

After averaging, I am writing the data to c++ arrays, and creating a new
vtkDoubleArray using the SetArray() function to pass the c++ arrays. This
works fine for 1 and 3 component arrays, however for the 9 component arrays
paraview shows that every element is set to 0.

If I hardcode it so that 9 component arrays become 3 component arrays
(reading only the first 3 components from the input array), then I get the
correct data for the first 3 components, though I obviously need the other
6 components in the end.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Cheers,
Bruce