[Paraview] PCL Plugin

Eric Younkin - NOAA Federal eric.g.younkin at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 10 20:32:07 EDT 2015

Casey,

When building Paraview 4.3.1 from source with QT5.5 in Visual Studio 2013,
I get 3 failed out of 569.  I pasted in the relevant parts of the VS output
log below (full log too big to attach):

567>  Generating Code...
567>     Creating library
C:/Users/eric.g.younkin/Documents/PCL_ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/build/lib/Debug/MobileRemoteControl.lib
and object
C:/Users/eric.g.younkin/Documents/PCL_ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/build/lib/Debug/MobileRemoteControl.exp
567>  MobileRemoteControl.vcxproj ->
C:\Users\eric.g.younkin\Documents\PCL_ParaView\ParaView-v4.3.1-source\build\bin\Debug\MobileRemoteControl.dll
568>C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(607,5):
error MSB6006: "link.exe" exited with code 1120.
568>MSVCRTD.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
WinMain referenced in function __tmainCRTStartup
568>C:\Users\eric.g.younkin\Documents\PCL_ParaView\ParaView-v4.3.1-source\build\bin\Debug\paraview.exe
: fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
569>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug x64
------
569>  Building Custom Rule
C:/Users/eric.g.younkin/Documents/PCL_ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/CMakeLists.txt
569>  CMake does not need to re-run because
C:\Users\eric.g.younkin\Documents\PCL_ParaView\ParaView-v4.3.1-source\build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp
is up-to-date.
========== Build: 566 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
==========

Doing some Google searches seem to indicate that in order to clear the
LNK2019 error, I would need to change the project type
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6626397/error-lnk2019-unresolved-external-symbol-winmain16-referenced-in-function>.
And that in order to do that, I would need to change the configuration
type from
utility to something else
<http://gotoanswer.com/?q=No+Linker+option+in+Visual+Studio+Project+Properties>
.

I suspect that I am just missing something obvious, but I'm not sure what
it is.  Can you offer any advice?

Thanks,
Eric

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Casey Goodlett <casey.goodlett at kitware.com