[Paraview] Molecular dynamics from lammps

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Jul 9 10:02:12 EDT 2015

Dear Oksana,

You do need to generate a volumetric mesh first and then slice it to
generate a polygonal mesh. The volumetric mesh needs to interpolate your
values in space somehow. This is what Delaunay would give you - it will
generate a mesh where each atom is a node of a tetrahedra and the values
are interpolated over the tets. Is the interpolation the cause of "which do
not represent my structure properly"? What do you expect the slice to look
like? Maybe you need to project the closest atoms to the slice instead of
interpolating?

Best,
-berk