[Paraview] Writer plugin?

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Jan 28 11:34:37 EST 2015

Hi all,

I have a ParaView plugin that contains a new writer which I would like to expose. However, while the plugin does properly expose a new view and representation, the writer does not appear to get added (when I try to save a vtkTable such as a statistics filter output, it doesn't appear as an option).

1. Is there any documentation for adding writers in plugins? This page has a comment or two but doesn't appear complete:

    http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo

2. If you're willing to look over the XML, I've attached it below. See any mistakes?

	Thanks,
	David

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
  <!-- Other proxy groups for views and representations here -->

  <ProxyGroup name="writers">
    <WriterProxy
      class="vtkPJSONTableWriter"
      name="PJSONTableWriter">
      <Documentation>
        Write tabular data to a JSON file.
      </Documentation>
      <InputProperty
        command="SetInputConnection"
        name="Input">
        <DataTypeDomain
          composite_data_supported="0"
          name="input_type">
          <DataType value="vtkTable"/>
        </DataTypeDomain>
        <Documentation>The input filter/source whose output dataset is to
        written to the file.</Documentation>
      </InputProperty>
      <Hints>
        <WriterFactory extensions="json" file_description="JSON tabular data" />
      </Hints>
    </WriterProxy>

  </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>