[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Plotting data to an existing model's surface

Mark Belan belanma at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jan 26 14:12:19 EST 2015

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions. I was able to follow the directions but I'm
afraid the outcome wasn't what I was looking for.

I am going to send out another email shortly that will hopefully better
explain what I currently have and what I want to achieve.

- Mark

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM, David E DeMarle <dave.demarle at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Filters->Programmable Filter
>
> Copy and paste the text into the Script entry field then hit Apply.
>
> vtkSurfaceReconstruction doesn't have the concave shape limitation that
> Delaunay has - but it isn't a perfect mesh of the surface either. Perhaps
> the vtk or paraview mailing lists contain a better alternative to either.
>

> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> R&D Engineer
> 21 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-881-4909
>
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Mark Belan <belanma at mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to successfully render my points
>> in a .csv file into specific points on the model (thanks Alan!), but I'm
>> not sure how to go about the next steps into turning the points into a mesh
>> and thus interpolating.
>>
>> Where can I input these python commands in paraview? I'm afraid my skills
>> in programming are minimal.
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>>
>> - Mark
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 4:24 PM, David E DeMarle <
>> dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After you
>>>
>>> 1) get the list of points and values in the csv file:
>>> x,y,z,val1,val2,…