[Paraview] Specify TCP interface for pvserver to listen on

Andrew Porter andrew.porter at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 06:38:03 EST 2015

Hello,

In a nutshell; can one somehow specify the TCP interface on which
pvserver listens for connections?

The background:

I've been using pvserver on a remote machine and connecting to it from
behind a firewall without problems for a while.
However, the remote machine has recently been re-configured and the
login nodes now have two TCP interfaces, only one of which is publicly
accessible. Unfortunately the pvserver is binding to the 'private'
interface and thus I cannot connect to it.
I've tried using an ssh tunnel from the public interface to the private
interface but unfortunately I get an 'administratively prohibited'
message from ssh when I try to connect.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks very much,

Andy.