[Paraview] Opacity crashing ParaView and Value Range field for creating multiple slices is missing

Mary Draney Blomme mary.draney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:16:19 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm new to ParaView and going through the first webinar, using the demo
data set disk_out.ref. I'm using ParaView 4.2.0 on two different Windows
64-bit computers.

I'm having two problems, one on each computer.

1. On the first computer, a desktop, when I go to change opacity of the
main disk_out_ref.ex2 object, ParaView crashes. Is this a problem with my
graphics card?

2. On the second computer, a laptop, the opacity changes just fine,
however, for creating multiple slices, the Value Range field is missing
(under the Properties tab for Slice 1, immediately under the "Triangulate
the slice" option). How do I get it to show up? I have tried quitting and
restarting, and also tried ParaView 4.3.0 and had no success.

Thanks,

- Mary