[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Help with 'Plot Selection Over Time' Filter

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Jan 8 17:16:08 EST 2015

Teo,
Just guessing here, but your wait time is very likely the number of files.  Plot selection over time will have to open, read, process, and close each of those files.  Try just “play” for all of the timesteps – I bet it takes numerous minutes also.  We often run problems (usually fewer timesteps, usually 10 to 1000 times bigger datasets) that take hours to run (either creating movies or plot selection over time) on some big iron clusters.

Just to make sure you aren’t running out of memory, try opening the memory inspector.  View/ Memory Inspector.  Or, open the Task Manager and look at free memory.

Alan