[Paraview] PV 4.1: animations of large data

Stephen Wornom stephen.wornom at inria.fr
Wed Jan 7 04:47:51 EST 2015

I create animation using PV with mpi. I can create 200 frames quickly,
no problem.

The problem is visualizing the frames. What I do currently is to create
a gif
convert *.jpg animation.gif
animate animation.gif

The problem is that the gif file is huge, takes a long time to load the
gif file.

1- Are there other visualization options that will be more rapid? I
would like to animate 1000 frames which is not possible using a mono gif
file.
2- The jpg s are 64-bit, is there a convert option to reduce the options
to 32-bit?
Thanks for your precious advice,
Stephen
p.s.
Some links to my animations are given below.

--
# Tandem cylinders pressure waves
<http://www-sop.inria.fr/members/Stephen.Wornom/animate_tandem_cylinders_sound_waves.html>