[Paraview] Smoothing color map of data set

Neal,Christopher R chrisneal at ufl.edu
Fri Feb 27 14:53:27 EST 2015

Hello,

I have data on an unstructured tetrahedral grid. It is numerical schlieren data i.e. it is a scalar field of the magnitude of the density gradients at each cell center.  When I open the dataset in Paraview and view the schlieren  data set I see a jagged color map. I've attached an image that shows the jagged shape.  I have used Tecplot before on this data set and it had the capability to have a continuous flooding color map that smooths out the colors on the color map. It makes the colors seems a little fuzzy, but it looks good. Does Paraview have this capability?

Thank you,

Christopher R. Neal
Graduate Student
Center for Compressible Multiphase Turbulence
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Cell: (863)-697-1958
E-mail:  chrisneal at ufl.edu