[Paraview] Fwd: Paraview/Python script speed extracting data

Thomas, Christian c.thomas at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 07:04:44 EST 2015

Hi all,

I have sorted out my bottleneck/time processing speed issue. I'm sure the following method\script is well known to many python/paraview users.
I had to include

delete (source_name) and del source_ name, once each source was no longer needed. This was particularly useful when running loops around several filters.
Example: delete(T1), del T1

I also included the clip filter several times to reduce the size of the mesh\data file.

C1 = Clip(Input = T1)
C1.ClipType = "Plane"
C1.ClipType.Origin = [0.0, 0.0, ZMin[0]]
C1.ClipType.Normal = [0.0, 0.0, 1.0]

Regards
Christian

Dr. Christian Thomas