[Paraview] Minimum system requirement for PV 4.3 volume rendering?

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 25 15:22:07 EST 2015

Hi Ruq,

I'm not sure why it works in 4.2 and not 4.3. I assume someone else
reading this who knows about the recent changes could comment.

The error message shows  some missing open gl extensions. Are you sure
you have the latest driver installed?  GL_ARB_multitexture is not
typically an issue, unless you are using the default MS driver. Also are
you sure the error messages are the same on both systems? If not, it
would be helpful to see all the messages on both systems.

Note: the AMD drivers have a bug that prevents projected tetrahedra from
working. This should be disabled on the system with the AMD card.

In general when you have issues with one volume rendering method you
could work around it by using a different one. In the "properties panel"
under the "display" group there are some controls relating to the volume
renderer. One labeled "select mapper" lets you chose different
algorithms. For instance try to change it to "Bunyk Ray Cast". In
general the "ray cast" options are slower but more dependable.

Burlen