[Paraview] pvserver running out of memory

Jeff Becker jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 25 14:01:21 EST 2015

Hi. I am trying to run ParaView 4.3.1 in client/server mode. After the
client connects, I try to open a SILO data file (I built paraview with
the SILO reader option). Then, I can see pvserver growing in memory use
to 91% (of 48G!) using top. At that point the job scheduler kills my
job. Anyone know what might be causing this memory consumption?

BTW, if I try to open the same SILO file with ParaView 4.3.1 running
standalone on my desktop, it works fine.

Thanks.

-jeff